Friday, May 30, 2008

it's official...i'm crazy!



I have never really excercised for a long period of time or for any set goal. In fact, the only time I actually exercise currently is after having coffee with friends when we walk for an hour along a paved trail. WALK, not run, not bike, but walk, at a leasurely pace, stopping every 2 minutes or so to give a child a snack or a book. There isn't even any sweating involved!

So, what's my brilliant idea for the year? Sign up for a mini (sprint) triathlon! Yes, I'm crazy. I know. But for some reason I'm feeling the urge to do it and I'm afraid if I don't jump on it I'll miss the opportunity. After all, it's only a 400 yard swim, followed by an 11 mile bike ride, followed by a 3.1 mile run, followed by absolutely falling flat on my face in exaustion (and maybe throwing up). My dear friend Carrie (thank God for Carrie) is doing it with me. And possibly 3 or 4 women from my office at CPP.

If anyone else is feeling motivated, intrigued, or just plain crazy yourself and you want to do it with us, go here and sign up! The race is Sept. 27th. We're off to look at running shoes and tune up our bikes tomorrow. Wish us luck!

8 comments:

gina said...

Good Luck!

Kim said...

I wish you the best of luck!! And I must agree - you are crazy!! hehe

erin said...

Well at least you'll be in great shape! I'm sure you'll do great!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the encouragement ladies. So are you telling me nobody wants to join me? :)

Stephanie Ford said...

I'm a non-exerciser too so maybe seeing you reach your goal will inspire me (then again, maybe not, I'm pretty lazy these days!)

Carlie said...

Way to go girl! That's awesome! Maybe I'll join you! I'll have to see how fast my foot heals. The dr thinks I might have a stress fracture. I would love to make a trip out there to visit. This would be a great excuse!

Diane said...

Although I can't join you, I hope you post your training progress, so I can live vicariously through you.

Denise said...

yeehaw!

i am attempting to run a 5k in Sept, and a 10k in Nov.
i am so non-athletic. i am a bit frustrated at my progress at this point, but i will do it (flat on my face, throwing up, but i WILL do it!).

keep us updated!